- The King of Fighters XIV World Championship info, launch trailer up
- Headup’s bullet-hell shooter Solar Shifter EX launches for Xbox One
- The Guild 3’s courts, offices, and popular opinion detailed
- Supernatural-tinged noir Virginia launching Sept. 22, demo out
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Salvation revealed, hitting PSN on Sept. 6
Fancy A Date?
Developer- and Publisher-specific Articles: World War Machine
Square Enix is getting more involved in the community-driven development scene with a new pilot program, Square Enix Collective. Similar to Steam Early Access, players will vote on which game interests them most, but unlike Early Access, gamers are voting on concepts. Winners will be put up on Indiegogo for funding, with funded titles being supported by Square Enix throughout development and assistance with distribution on digital outlets at release. According to Collective project lead Phil Elliott, “It’s up to the teams how much or little help they want from Square Enix and it’s our opportunity to help some fantastic games become a reality and uncover the development stars of the future.”