- Gears of War 4 December update to add PC split-screen, maps, more
- King Art’s tactical-RPG The Dwarves out for console, PC
- Red Dead Redemption, Undead Nightmare joining PS Now next week
- God Wars Future Past official site updated, story trailer released
- Final Fantasy XV launches in store, online for PS4 and Xbox One
Fancy A Date?
Developer- and Publisher-specific Articles: Tribes
Hi-Rez Studios has announced that their free-to-play sci-fi shooter Tribes: Ascend will be released on April 12. The follow-up to Dynamix and Sierra’s 2001 Tribes 2 is part of a thirteen-year-old franchise that seems to be going strong, judging by the 400,000-plus participants in the open beta. For gamers wanting to join in the pre-release action, all they have to do is sign up at the game’s official site. No key is required, and Hi-Rez announced that progress will carry over to the final version.
The closed beta for Hi-Rez Studios’ Tribes: Ascend is set to kick off on November 4. Invitations will be sent out in waves to registered players and to those who pre-ordered the VIP Started Bundle. The bundle, available for purchase at the official site for $29.99, guarantees access to the beta and also includes permanent VIP status, a 30-day Booster, and 800 Tribes Gold.