- The Abbey’s Melchior and Shigure join Tales of Berseria
- Yomawari: Night Alone gameplay footage released, System Trailer
- Halo 5: Guardians – Warzone Firefight revealed, launching June 29
- A team of newcomers arrives to compete in The King of Fighter XIV
- Isometric puzzle-platformer Lumo out now for Xbox One
Fancy A Date?
Developer- and Publisher-specific Articles: Torment: Tides of Numenera
inXile’s crowdfunded role-playing game Torment: Tides of Numenera, the spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment, is now available on Steam Early Access. Designed in the style of the Infinity Engine games of old, using an isometric view and a similar interface, the game will feature a combination of 2D and 3D graphics and an emphasis on narrative. The setting is based on Monte Cook’s Ninth World from the Numenera pen-and-paper game.
inXile has sent word that they have started a new Kickstarter campaign, this time for the spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment, Torment: Tides of Numenera. After their success with last year’s Wasteland 2 campaign, inXile has decided to forgo the traditional publisher route in hopes of once again securing funding through crowdsourcing. Torment will be set in Monte Cook’s Numenera universe, a kickstarted pen-and-paper role-playing system where players gain experience through discoveries and from other players instead of combat. The game will be based around Numenera’s Ninth World and a power source so potent that the person who harnesses it will be able to topple empires and cheat death.