- Might & Magic III – HD Edition released online for Android, iOS, PC
- Sega bringing 2D fighter Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax stateside
- Offworld Trading Company hitting Steam Early Access on February 12
- Dying Light now available in stores and online for console, PC
- BioWare releases 10 free tavern songs from Dragon Age: Inquisition
Fancy A Date?
Developer- and Publisher-specific Articles: The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
The Book of Unwritten Tales developer King Art Games has announced that the sequel’s final chapter will now be released on February 20. The studio also revealed a special version, the DRM-free Almanac Edition. The premium set will come bundled with a 104-page hardback artbook, a making-of DVD, a soundtrack, a double-sided poster, and the Color Your Critter DLC, which will allow players to choose the color of Nate’s sidekick. And to store everything, the set will be packed inside of box designed to look like a hardcover book.
King Art, developers of the point-and-click adventure title The Book of Unwritten Tales, is looking to supplement the development of the follow-up with crowdsourced funds from Kickstarter. Unlike most titles, the studio isn’t looking for the campaign to raise enough money to fund the title but to add more features. The sequel is set to release early next year, and in looking to include more optional sidequests, character-customization options, and quest paths, as well as gather community feedback, King Art has decided to go beyond publisher Nordic Games to gather the additional necessary resources. According to creative director Jan Theysen, “every cent from the campaign goes directly into the on-top content.”