- Birthdays the Beginning gets first batch of English screenshots
- King’s Quest – Chapter 5: The Good Knight, Complete Collection out
- Yomawari: Night Alone launches on PSN, Steam for PS Vita and PC
- Dark Souls III: Ashes of Ariandel goes live for console, PC
- World of Final Fantasy now available online, in stores for PS4, PS Vita
Fancy A Date?
Developer- and Publisher-specific Articles: Styx: Master of Shadows
Cyanide Studio has released its first teaser for their upcoming action title Styx: Master of Shadows. The 200-year-old Styx is a practiced assassin and expert thief, and his latest goal is the Amber stored within the heavily guarded Tower of Akenash. Being the rogue that he is, the teaser’s minute-plus of footage features Styx stealing from and taking down the elves and humans that patrol the tower.
Of Orcs and Men’s goblin trickster Styx will be starring in his own adventure for PC, Styx: Master of Shadows. As the 200-year-old thief, players must sneak into the Tower of Akenash to steal its precious Amber. The tower is miles high and heavily guarded, so Styx will need to undertake missions to reach the top, including stealing precious artifacts and assassinating its human and elven inhabitants. Cyanide plans for the action to be open and fluid, with levels designed so that players have numerous ways to accomplish their tasks, while a six-skill-tree system allows players to customize Styx’s talents. A dynamic AI will require that Styx stick to the shadows, but from there, he can lay traps to make a guard’s death look like an accident—or toss caution to the wind and just stab them (he is a dirty, dirty goblin after all).