- Forza Motorsport 6 demo released, Fast & Furious pack detailed
- Act of Aggression hitting Steam tomorrow, launch trailer released
- Destiny: The Taken King final livestream scheduled for tomorrow
- Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited gets Imperial City DLC for PC
- Xbox One Elite 1 TB SSHD Bundle, white controller coming in Nov.
Fancy A Date?
Developer- and Publisher-specific Articles: Square Enix Collective
Square Enix is offering three Eidos IPs for independent developers to try their hand at through the studio’s Collective platform. Anachronox, Fear Effect, and Gex are all on offer for developers to submit game ideas, and new project pitch submissions have also been reopened. A previous submission, Goetia, a point-and-click adventure from French developer Sushee, recently passed its Kickstarter goal with 48 hours to go. According to the release, it was the latest campaign’s success that inspired them to open up the Eidos IPs.
Square Enix is getting more involved in the community-driven development scene with a new pilot program, Square Enix Collective. Similar to Steam Early Access, players will vote on which game interests them most, but unlike Early Access, gamers are voting on concepts. Winners will be put up on Indiegogo for funding, with funded titles being supported by Square Enix throughout development and assistance with distribution on digital outlets at release. According to Collective project lead Phil Elliott, “It’s up to the teams how much or little help they want from Square Enix and it’s our opportunity to help some fantastic games become a reality and uncover the development stars of the future.”