- Gran Turismo 6 earns its final license, now in stores, online for PS3
- Sega launches 3D Sonic the Hedgehog, 3D Altered Beast on eShop
- Covenant combat revealed in new Dark Souls II screenshots
- Zen Pinball 2 launching for PS4 on Dec.17 with free, paid DLC tables
- New Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII making-of video released
Fancy A Date?
Developer- and Publisher-specific Articles: QuakeCon
Bethesda has announced tournament details for the upcoming convention of all things id, QuakeCon. The latest in the long-running free event is set to take place at the Hilton Anatole in Dallas, Texas, from August 4-7. This year’s convention will feature tournaments for Quake Live and Brink. Quake Live will have two tournaments, a 16-player Duel and an eight-team Team Deathmatch, while Brink will host a 16-team Team Death of five-player crews. All players will be using the same system, the Alienware Aurora, and prizes top $40,000. Full details are provided below.
QuakeCon 2011 will start with a bang this year. Scheduled to kick off on Thursday, August 4, the first day of the three-day event will begin with a keynote address from co-founder and Technical Director of id Software, John Carmack. Todd Howard, Game Director of Bethesda Game Studios, will also be in attendance to present The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for the first time publicly. Chris Rhinehart, Project Lead at Human Head Studios, will be joining in the festivities with the first public demo of Prey 2. Matt Hooper, Rage’s Design Director, will also be on hand to give a presentation as attendees get a chance to try out id’s upcoming shooter for themselves.