- Doom to be released in May, new trailer, collector’s edition reveled
- Grand Kingdom to hit stores, digital outlets in June for PS4, PS Vita
- Megadimension Neptunia VII launches in stores, online for PS4
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Awakening launches on PSN for PS4
- RPG 7th Dragon III Code: VFD coming stateside this summer for 3DS
Fancy A Date?
Developer- and Publisher-specific Articles: PlayStation
Sony announced today at this year’s Gamescom that the PS4 will launch on November 15, and that the system will have 15 disc-based titles and 18 download-only releases available before the end of the year. It was also announced that all systems will have Playroom, an AR-augmented mini-game collection that supports motion control and the PS Camera, pre-installed. Several publishers, including Activision and Ubisoft, will also be offering discounts to gamers for the PSN downloadable versions of PS4 titles that they have already purchased for PS3. The offer will be good for a limited time, but additional details, including the amount of the discount, were not made public.
Sony revealed initial details about the PlayStation 4 today at the two-hour-plus PlayStation Meeting 2013 in New York. While the final hardware build wasn’t shown and price not announced, the technical specifications and upcoming software features were. The upcoming cycle of Sony’s flagship console will focus on server-side, cloud-based streaming, social media integration, and greater connectivity with mobiles, in particular the PS Vita.