- Dying Light now available in stores and online for console, PC
- BioWare releases 10 free tavern songs from Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Dying Light release dates revealed, Be the Zombie mode free for all
- NIS releases nine new Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy screens
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon LE, Protector detailed, contest announced
Fancy A Date?
Developer- and Publisher-specific Articles: MX vs. ATV
Another franchise from THQ’s library is being revived shortly, courtesy of Nordic Games. The Vienna-based studio has announced that it plans on releasing a new entry in the MX vs. ATV series, titled MX vs. ATV Supercross, next year for 360, PC (Linux, Mac, and Windows), and PS3. The development team, comprised of new members and series veterans, is using existing code from MX vs. ATV Alive and MX vs. ATV Reflex for quicker integration of popular features from those, such as Motoclub Depot and multiplayer, alongside new content.
Nordic Games snatched up some properties from the recent THQ auction. The Painkiller HD publisher acquired 150-plus SKUs for 4.9 million across all major consoles and PC. Darksiders, Frontlines, Full Spectrum Warrior, Juiced, MX vs. ATV, Red Faction, Stuntman, Supreme Commander, and Titan Quest are slated to join the JoWood and Dreamcatcher IPs already in Nordic’s stable. Don’t expect any major moves just yet, as Lars Wingefors, owner and CEO of Nordic Games, stated that they will not “dash into several self-financed multi-million dollar projects right away, but rather to continue our in-depth analysis of all titles” in regards to how to approach new installments from the acquired IPs.