- Dungeons require crawling, Demon Gaze out now for PS Vita
- Bandai Namco announces Grid Autosport, Tales of Hearts R, more
- Dragon Age: Inquisition to be released for consoles, PC this October
- Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition now available for Android
- Tropico 5 pre-order, first-run copies to be Limited Special Edition
Fancy A Date?
Developer- and Publisher-specific Articles: Illwinter Game Design
Illwinter’s fantastically flummoxing strategy game Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension is now available on Steam for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. The latest entry in the 15-year-old series tasks players with leading a faction to victory in one of three different periods by having their pretender god become the one deity worshipped across the lands. Thrones of Ascension adds more spells, units, and a co-op mode, Disciples. It’s a daunting game to be sure, but it features an exceptional system of layered mechanics—thumbs up from us.
“… an involved, intimidating, and exasperating strategy game that is a must play for fans of the genre.”
Developer Illwinter Game Design is celebrating the fifteenth birthday Dominions with a new entry, Dominions 4. The latest in the grand strategy series has launched online for Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows PC on Desura. Dominions 4 puts players in the role of a struggling demigod at war against others also striving for godhood in a battle that spans across three eras. Players will be able to select a nation and create a customizable demigod from “millions of possible combinations” with which to lead an army of troops both historical and mythological.