- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer reveals Exo Zombies cast
- 343 kicks off Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta documentary
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes launches on Steam for PC
- Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart screens, trailer released
- NIS bringing new roguelike to PS3, The Awakened Fate Ultimatum
Fancy A Date?
Developer- and Publisher-specific Articles: Halo: Spartan Assault
The top-down shooter Halo: Spartan Assault will be available on Steam starting on April 4. Set between Halo 3 and 4, Spartan Assault puts players in the role of two soldiers as they battle a besieging Covenant force. The $4.99 shooter will be on sale from April 3-9 for $1.99 for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. According to the Steam listing, the new version will also be compatible with Windows 7 and Vista.
“… a solid if short top-down shooter that serves both solo- and co-op-minded players, but the influence of microtransactions makes for an overly limited experience.”
Microsoft announced that they will be releasing Halo: Spartan Assault for 360 tomorrow. Gamers who purchased the Windows 8 or Windows Phone 8 version before December 15 will be able to download the game for $4.99, while new players will be able to purchase the title for $14.99. The 360 version will feature over 30 missions, including the Operation Hydra expansion, and online co-op play (not supported with Xbox One multiplayer). Spartan Assault, set between Halo 3 and 4, is a top-down shooter that tasks players with battling the Covenant as part of the newly formed Spartan Ops program.