- Xbox One to get Forza Horizon 2 demo on September 16
- Gauntlet delayed until Sept. 23, pre-order bonus and PAX info detailed
- Under Defeat HD: Deluxe Edition out for 360 on Games on Demand
- Reinforce the ramparts! Stronghold Crusader 2 delayed three weeks
- Fairy Fencer F gets over a dozen combat-centric screenshots
Fancy A Date?
Developer- and Publisher-specific Articles: Halo: Spartan Assault
The top-down shooter Halo: Spartan Assault will be available on Steam starting on April 4. Set between Halo 3 and 4, Spartan Assault puts players in the role of two soldiers as they battle a besieging Covenant force. The $4.99 shooter will be on sale from April 3-9 for $1.99 for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. According to the Steam listing, the new version will also be compatible with Windows 7 and Vista.
“… a solid if short top-down shooter that serves both solo- and co-op-minded players, but the influence of microtransactions makes for an overly limited experience.”
Microsoft announced that they will be releasing Halo: Spartan Assault for 360 tomorrow. Gamers who purchased the Windows 8 or Windows Phone 8 version before December 15 will be able to download the game for $4.99, while new players will be able to purchase the title for $14.99. The 360 version will feature over 30 missions, including the Operation Hydra expansion, and online co-op play (not supported with Xbox One multiplayer). Spartan Assault, set between Halo 3 and 4, is a top-down shooter that tasks players with battling the Covenant as part of the newly formed Spartan Ops program.