- The King of Fighters XIV World Championship info, launch trailer up
- Headup’s bullet-hell shooter Solar Shifter EX launches for Xbox One
- The Guild 3’s courts, offices, and popular opinion detailed
- Supernatural-tinged noir Virginia launching Sept. 22, demo out
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Salvation revealed, hitting PSN on Sept. 6
Fancy A Date?
Developer- and Publisher-specific Articles: GDC
The Oculus Rift’s competition is getting stiffer with the announcement that Sony is entering the VR fray with a new headset, Project Morpheus. No release date was announced, but the headset will work alongside the PlayStation Camera to give PS4 gamers the feeling “as though they are physically inside the virtual world of a game.” Inertial sensors within the camera and headset will track head rotation so that the game world moves naturally with the player’s motions, and the set will also support the PS Move Motion Controller, with the headset projecting an object in place of the controller. The Morpheus will also use 3D audio technology to produce sounds on the same plane as well as above and below the player.