- Things get weird in new trailer for Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
- Valkyria Revolution gets new video, freebies, and DLC schedule
- Sega Forever to launch free-to-play classics on mobile tomorrow
- Endless Space 2 update improves AI, adds heroes, planets, quests
- .hack//G.U. trilogy getting HD treatment with Last Recode for PC, PS4
Fancy A Date?
Developer- and Publisher-specific Articles: Final Fantasy XI
Square Enix is capping off 14 years of Final Fantasy XI with one final update. Seekers of Adoulin adds a new area, Reisenjima, where players will battle to secure Vana’diel. To celebrate, all accounts inactive as of October 23 will be able to play the ending chapter for free from November 13 through 24, and all previous releases are also being discounted. The Seekers of Adoulin expansion pack will be $4.99 (from $9.99) and the all-in-one Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition will be $9.99 (from $39.99) from tomorrow until November 30. World Transfers have also been reduced from $18.00 to $9.00. Additional details about the discounts can be found here.
Final Fantasy XI turned 11 earlier this summer, and Square Enix is celebrating with six gifts, including three free expansions. The three add-ons are being offered for free for a limited time, from August 8 to October 11: Vision of Abyssea, Scars of Abyssea, and Heroes of Abyssea. The Abyssea trilogy requires that players have the Rise of the Zilart and Wings of the Goddess expansions installed and registered, as well as one level-30 job. The other five gifts, detailed below, include free cruor, 11 of the most popular atma, and an increase in initial Traverser stone stocks.