- Forza Horizon 3 now available for Ultimate Edition owners
- Everspace joins the Game Preview program for Xbox One
- Watch Dogs 2 story trailer introduces Marcus and Dedsec crew
- Street Fighter V gets Urien, Versus CPU, more in September update
- Things get messy in new Creative Kills trailer for Dishonored 2
Fancy A Date?
Developer- and Publisher-specific Articles: EverQuest Next Landmark
Sony has sold its MMO-focused division Sony Online Entertainment to New York-based investment management firm Columbus Nova. According to the new owners, “SOE will now operate as an independent game development studio and will continue to focus on creating quality online games, providing excellent service to its extensive player base, while centering on its untapped potential as a multi-platform online gaming company.” As part of the transition from Sony, the studio has been renamed to Daybreak Game Company.
According to SOE, EverQuest Next Landmark will enter alpha testing sometime this evening. Players who purchased the Founder’s Pack at Explorer or Trailblazer level will be able to sign on later today and join developers in testing and refining the game’s mechanics. The group’s input will be used as work progresses to the final release, according to franchise director of development Dave Georgeson: “For the first time, our players can join alongside us as part of the development team. They will have a significant voice in how the final game takes shape.”