- Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth launch trailer out, livestream set
- Total War: Rome II gets free faction, Black Sea Colonies Culture Pack
- Titanfall Deluxe Edition launches for PC, next week for Xbox One
- Rockstar releases Grand Theft Auto V for PS4 and Xbox One
- Dragon Age: Inquisition deploys its agents to console and PC
Fancy A Date?
Developer- and Publisher-specific Articles: Double Fine Adventure
Double Fine has revealed that the first act of their new point-and-click adventure game, Broken Age, is available for backers of its Kickstarter campaign and will be available for the general public on January 28. The Tim Schafer-led title features two characters, Vella Tartine and Shay Volta, who are worlds apart but experiencing similar events, and players will need to switch between the two as their stories unfold. Act 2 is set to launch later this year as a free update, and there are plans to bring both acts to Android, iOS, and Ouya.
Double Fine, known for bringing about brutal legends and oppressed matryoshka dolls, is wanting to release a new adventure title for the PC, and they want your help. The studio is looking to fund the game from the gamers who’ve been eager to pick up, look, put down, and interact with innumerable objects in the off chance that the pen and planter are enough to open a window for a quick escape. Tim Schafer, grand poobah of many a classic adventure games (Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island), is looking to eschew the traditional finance route and bring about a grand new adventure with Ron Gilbert via the crowdfunding service Kickstarter.