- Might & Magic III – HD Edition released online for Android, iOS, PC
- Sega bringing 2D fighter Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax stateside
- Offworld Trading Company hitting Steam Early Access on February 12
- Dying Light now available in stores and online for console, PC
- BioWare releases 10 free tavern songs from Dragon Age: Inquisition
Fancy A Date?
Developer- and Publisher-specific Articles: Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion
Disney has followed up the launch of Epic Mickey 2’s 360 and PS3 demo, released earlier this week, with a demo for the upcoming 3DS side-scrolling platformer Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion. Available through the Nintendo eShop, Power of Illusion is reminiscent of—and described as a tribute to—the classic Sega Genesis platformer Castle of Illusion. After falling into the Wasteland, players must take Mickey through the castle to stop the imprisoned witch Mizrabel from draining the essence of popular characters. The demo includes the tutorial and a battle on the Jolly Roger against Captain Hook and his band of pirates.
Disney Interactive is expanding their Epic Mickey line with Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion for the 3DS. Debuted in the latest Nintendo Power, Power of Illusion is said to offer “an interactive combination of painting, dual screen integration and 3D transformation capabilities” which will allow players “to create objects and even characters they can place in the world of Wasteland.” Players will be able to sketch out objects and have them morph into Disney-style illustrations. By moving the object to the top screen, they then transform the item into a colored, rendered 3D object to be used in-game.