- Retro-style shooter Strafe gets a bloody launch date reveal
- Halo Wars 2 begins Blitz Multiplayer Beta for PC and Xbox One
- Get a look at Yakuza 0’s first-run Business Edition in unboxing video
- Birthdays the Beginning developer video series debuts with Creation
- Rogue Factor adapting Necromunda: Underhive Wars to console, PC
Fancy A Date?
Developer- and Publisher-specific Articles: Brutal Legend
Humble Bundle has been Double Fine-d for their latest release, the appropriately named Humble Double Fine Bundle. The set includes many titles that are making their Linux and Mac debut, with the full set—as of now—consisting of Costume Quest, Psychonauts, and Stacking. Average-beating bonuses include Brütal Legend, a t-shirt designed by Soundshapes graphic designer Cory Schmitz, new monthly episodes of 2 Player Productions’ Double Fine Adventure documentary, and access to the Kickstarter-funded adventure game Broken Age.
The PC is home to many things, from addictive wargames to incredible space-based roguelikes, but what it lacks, and lacks severely, is rock. It seems the good people at Double Fine have heard the metal-less cries of the masses and are answering with their secret weapon: Jack Black. Well, okay, only some Jack Black—and to be fair, “some” is often more than enough—in their action-strategy hybrid Brütal Legend. Scheduled to launch on February 26, headbangers can slay virtual demons for a discounted price of $14.99 by pre-ordering on Steam, which also allows access to the ongoing multiplayer beta. Other bonuses include Eddie Riggs’ hair and his guitar Clementine as Team Fortress 2 items.