- Forza Horizon 2 launching with free DLC car pack, VIP perks revealed
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call, DLC available for 3DS
- Shadowgate now on GOG at 20% off, with ringtones and other extras
- Destiny gets The Vault of Glass raid, more content coming next week
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax trailer deluge – story, systems, characters
Fancy A Date?
Developer- and Publisher-specific Articles: Boulder Dash
Boulder Dash-XL has launched for the 360 on Live Arcade. For 800 MS Points, gamers get a revamped Boulder Dash sporting HD visuals, five modes, and 25 caves. A Retro Mode is also included that updates the 1984 original with real-time 3D graphics while keeping the cave and level design, rules, and enemy behavior the same as it was.
Boulder Dash-XL, a modern revamp of the ’80s classic, is slated to launch on Live Arcade on July 13 for 800 MS Points. The Kalypso-published title, co-developed by Catnip Games and First Star Software, will include four game modes (Puzzle, Zen, Time Challenge, Retro, and Arcade), HD graphics, four game worlds, online leaderboards, over 150 new caves, two new modes (Puzzle Mode and Score Attack), and a new scoring mechanism. In a nod to the original, Retro Mode’s 25 caves will “use 3D interpretations of the original bitmap graphics from 1984.”