- To the stars! Endless Space 2 now available for PC
- Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth hitting PS4, PS Vita this September
- The court calls! Windjammers open beta kicking off in June for PS4
- Time to eXterminate your enemies in new Endless Space 2 trailer
- Destiny 2 livestream reveals Guided Games, Countdown, new screens
Fancy A Date?
Developer- and Publisher-specific Articles: 3D Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic returns to Sega’s 3D Classics line today in 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2. The $5.99 re-release brings back one of the franchise’s most influential entries, with the debut of Tails, Super Sonic, the popular Casino-themed levels, and the special half-pipe bonus stages. For details about the port, an interview with Sega producer Yosuke Okunari and M2 president Naoki Horii discussing its development has been posted over at Sega’s blog. A new series of system-specific themes for 3DS have also been announced, with the first two, based on the Genesis and the Game Gear (each $1.99), already available on eShop. Next up, in order of release, are the Sega Master System, Sega Mark III, Sega Saturn, Hi-Tech SegA, Sega SG-1000, and Sega Dreamcast.
New 3D versions of Sonic the Hedgehog and Altered Beast have been released on eShop for 3DS. The $5.99 downloads include extra features in addition to the extra dimension, including the option for classic graphics (re: pre-flatscreen curved edges), local multiplayer for Altered Beast, and zone select for Sonic. Sega has also posted an excellent lengthy interview about these latest remakes with developer M2 on their official blog.