Bethesda has announced that Tango Gameworks’ upcoming survival-horror title The Evil Within has been pushed back to October 21. Originally scheduled to launch on August 26, the studio noted in a statement that Shinji Mikami and co. asked for more time to “refine the game in order to deliver the polished, terrifying pure survival horror experience they set out to create.” It’s not all bad news, however, as Bethesda also announced a new pre-order bonus, The Fighting Chance Pack. The pack, detailed below, includes weapons, a health-boosting gel, and an attribute-upgrading item.
The Evil Within is scheduled to launch on October 21 for 360, PC, PS3, PS4, and Xbox One.
The Fighting Chance Pack includes:
• Medical Kit – A vital health enhancement to enable Sebastian to fight on.
• Green Gel – Used to upgrade Sebastian’s attributes.
• Double Barrel Shotgun and Three Shells – A larger and more formidable shotgun than the regular shotgun, it’s useful for tight situations with multiple encroaching enemies.
• An Incendiary Agony Bolt – Capable of showering nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks.
• A Poison Agony Bolt – Will draw enemies towards it and poison them, allowing Sebastian time for a quick escape.
While investigating the scene of a gruesome mass murder, Detective Sebastian Castellanos and his partners encounter a mysterious and powerful force. After seeing the slaughter of fellow officers, Sebastian is ambushed and knocked unconscious. When he awakens, he finds himself in a deranged world where hideous creatures wander among the dead. Facing unimaginable terror, and fighting for survival, Sebastian embarks on a frightening journey to unravel what’s behind this evil force.
Official Site: TheEvilWithin.com