Larian has revealed a limited Collector’s Edition for their upcoming role-playing game Divinity: Original Sin. The studio also announced that an Early Access update has added support for Macs. The Collector’s Edition is limited to 1,500 sets and includes two copies of Original Sin for co-op play, digital copies of its predecessors Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity, recipe cards, a cloth map of Rivellon, and more, detailed below. The Early Access update, also detailed below, adds a Mac version with Retina support, an improved Laptop Optimized mode, cross-system support for co-op play across Mac and Windows, Steam Cloud support, 10 extra talents, new skills and the ability to unlearn unlocked skills.
Mac gamers looking to check out the Steam Early Access version will need OS X 10.8/10.9 and 4 GB of RAM. The release notes that the game will run on Intel HD 3000 and 4000 graphic cards, but for integrated graphic chips, 8 GB of RAM is recommended. Detailed system specs are listed on the official site.
Divinity: Original Sin is currently available for Mac and PC through Steam Early Access. The limited Collector’s Edition is available at Larian’s site, here, for 69.99 EUR (approx. $96 USD).
• Two copies of Divinity: Original Sin for co-op adventuring
• Digital copies of Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity
• Recipe cards to help you craft in-game
• A cloth map of Rivellon
• A two-sided A2 poster
• A Soundtrack CD
• An Original Sin-themed playing card deck
• Premium-quality RPG dice set with pouch
• A Sticker pack
About the Steam Update:
• Mac & PC players can now play together.
• New ‘Laptop Optimized’ mode will keep your game running smoothly, whether you’re travelling by air, sky, or sea. Touchpad control support is also added.
• Steam Cloud saves are active, so you can continue playing your savegames from several devices.
• The AI now adapts its tactics to players and the environment, and it can also make use of potions and special arrows.
• The treasure generation has been completely revamped
• Pouches allow you to easily organize items in your inventory.
• The skill & spell abilities have been revised to better support classless character builds
• Skills and spells can now be “unlearned” and also have requirements
• 10 extra talents have been added. Talents now also have requirements
• New skill effects have been added. Go on, summon a spider!
• Several quality-of-life improvements including inventory sorting, context-sensitive item menus, a dialog log, action-point usage previews, the ability to use objects from another character’s inventory and more
• Numerous bug fixes and balancing changes
Divinity: Original Sin goes back to the roots of memorable and beloved cRPGs, featuring isometric, party-based gameplay; turn-based combat; gripping dialogues; choice and consequence; enthralling story; profound character and party development; a big interactive world filled with characters and items; free exploration… There is one main goal, and how you get there is completely up to you. Of course, everything is more fun with a friend and so is Original Sin: drop-in, drop-out multiplayer takes care of that, both online and locally.
Official Site: DivinityOriginalSin.com