Rockstar has detailed their future plans for Grand Theft Auto Online. Several updates are in the works, with the first due to launch next week. The first download will include Capture Creator for customizing Capture Jobs to record more movie-like scenarios, some of which will receive a stamp as Rockstar Verified. Other additions will include co-op Heists with other Crew members and mercenaries as well as the High Life Update. High Life will be packed with new jobs, the Bullpup Rifle, the Dinka Thrust motorcycle, Mental State player stat to show the mindset of nearby players, jobs, wardrobe items, and luxury apartments, along with the ability to own two properties at the same time.
More updates for both Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online are scheduled to come out in the near future, including holiday-themed updates and Story Mode DLC. Rockstar also emphasized that they are monitoring community feedback (sent to GTAOnline@rockstargames.com) to address any issues in future title updates and encourage gamers to drop them a line. More of what’s in store was provided and listed below.
For more information on Grand Theft Auto V, check out our review of the Xbox 360 version.
Grand Theft Auto V and its free multiplayer component Grand Theft Auto Online are available for 360 and PS3.
In upcoming Title Updates and via dynamic tuning, players can expect:
• The addition of a ‘Non-Contact’ option for Races. This will allow you to play standard Races with collisions disabled between player vehicles. Other players will appear as semi-transparent and you’ll still be able to collide with non-player traffic, structures and other scenery, but this mode – for those who want to play it – will eliminate the “rubbing is racing” mentality that some wish to avoid.
• Players will be able to call Lester and have him tell his cop buddies to turn a blind eye to any crime you may or may not be committing for a short period of time.
• As a reward for players who leave feedback on Jobs, there will be some bonus RP granted every time a player likes or dislikes content after playing it.
• GTA$ payouts will be increased when completing Parachute, Races, Deathmatches and LTS Jobs with less than 4 players.
• As part of our ongoing commitment to target cheaters and keep the game as fair as possible, we are closing RP exploits and will be adjusting the RP totals of players who we know for certain to have gained illegitimate RP by cheating. Your RP will only be adjusted if you participated in mods, hacks, DNS redirects, manipulation of cloud files, or other similarly nefarious behavior. If you grinded short legitimate missions or otherwise gained a small amount of RP without modding, your RP should not be affected by this correction.
• We’ll be fixing the issue where players who had upgraded personal vehicles prior to Title Update 1.10 were only able to sell them for $10,000.
Official Site: RockstarGames.com – Grand Theft Auto V