Final Fantasy XI turned 11 earlier this summer, and Square Enix is celebrating with six gifts, including three free expansions. The three add-ons are being offered for free for a limited time, from August 8 to October 11: Vision of Abyssea, Scars of Abyssea, and Heroes of Abyssea. The Abyssea trilogy requires that players have the Rise of the Zilart and Wings of the Goddess expansions installed and registered, as well as one level-30 job. The other five gifts, detailed below, include free cruor, 11 of the most popular atma, and an increase in initial Traverser stone stocks.
Final Fantasy XI is available for 360, PC, and PS2.
To aid players who have yet to set foot into the lands of Abyssea, Square Enix is also offering a starter package filled with in-game goodies. Some of the in-game giveaways include:
• Eleven of the most popular Atma – these enhancements allow users to strengthen their characters in a variety of ways while they journey within Abyssea
• One Lunar Abyssite – essential for equipping and using atma. And for seasoned veterans that already possess the lunar abyssite, 100,000 cruor is offered as an alternative.
• 100,000 Cruor – Cruor is a red, naturally-occurring mineral found in Abyssea, as well as the standard currency of the realm. It can be exchanged for maps and other sundries, warp point activation, and special boons.
• Increase to Initial Traverser Stone Stocks – Magic Traverser stones enable travel within Abyssea, and each stone enables its bearer to stay within the world for thirty minutes.
• Vastly enhanced default powers inherent within trans-dimensional auras for those with visitant status – Being a visitant means your existential phase is attuned and anchored to Abyssea. It allows you to slay the exotic beasts that stalk the planes within, unlock pyxides, and receive the benefits of visitant auras.
Official Site: Playonline.com – Final Fantasy XI – 11th Anniversary