Iceberg Interactive has announced the first for-pay downloadable pack for Free Space, Disharmony. The $9.99 drop, scheduled to launch on Steam this summer, will introduce a new faction known as The Harmony, as well as new craft (fighters and bombers), new battle formations, a new targeting system, a redesigned weapon system, four new heroes, improved AI, and more. The full list of additions and changes is available below.
Endless Space: Disharmony will be available later this summer on Steam.
Endless Space: Disharmony Game Features:
• A brand new Faction called “The Harmony” with the main objective to annihilate dust!
• New fighters and bomber units that will completely change the shape of combat, especially with the new Battle Formation and Targeting systems
• A complete rework of the Ship Design Interface giving an improved Weapon System that includes family types for modules (short, medium and long range)
• New invasion mechanics have been added: prepare the population for bombardments, sieges and land invasions
• Expect to face a real challenge when playing against AI opponents with the new Adaptive Multi-Agent Artificial Intelligence System (AMAS)
Other additions and features voted or requested by the community include:
• Four new heroes (Games2Gether)
• A new option to disable exchange of technologies, as a request from the Multiplayer community
• New Rally Points feature for newly built ships to reduce micromanagement
Official Site: Endless-Space.Amplitude-Studios.com