Two new announcements today about Haemimont and Kalypso’s Prohibition-era strategy title Omerta. First up, a new single-player demo has launched on Live Marketplace for the 360. The demo includes two levels, which give players the chance to try some of the game’s turn-based combat as well as the opportunity to plan a heist. A new update has also been announced for both the 360 and PC versions.
Scheduled to come out within 4-8 weeks, the patch will include new maps for multiplayer and sandbox modes, enemy gangs for Sandbox, an economy overview panel, an Iron Man difficulty mode, a “massive overhaul” of the cover mechanics during combat, and more. The full lists of fixes and additions can be found below.
Omerta – City of Gangsters is currently available for 360 and PC.
• New maps for multiplayer and sandbox modes
• Enemy gangs for Sandbox Mode – you’ll now have to fend of gangs that invade your turf and try to steal businesses out from under you
• Customizable game settings and goals for sandbox games
• Economy overview panel for current businesses with their efficiency, profit, ect.
• Visual representation of individual business types on the strategic map via icons
• Additional difficulty setting and “Iron Man” option (saving progress in strategic mode disabled)
• Massive overhaul of cover mechanics in turn-based combat
• Introduction of multiplayer chat and several other minor fixes/changes