THQ has announced the results of their recent asset sale, and the details, which include the new homes of Homefront and Metro: Last Light, can be found below. In regards to what will be done with the acquired studios and properties, the company states that they expect “the new owners to extend employment to most employees and to continue development of the games they purchased that are currently in development.” All of those assets that were not sold, including Darksiders stewards Vigil Games, “will remain part of the Chapter 11 case.“ As of their announcement, the THQ estate will receive around $72 million and employee a small staff to assist during the transition period.
Results of the sale:
- Relic Studios and various IP ($26.6 million): Sega
- Volition Inc. ($22.3 million) and Metro: Last Light ($5.9 million): Koch Media GmbH
- Homefront 2 ($0.5 million): Crytek GmbH
- Evolve ($10.9 million): Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
- THQ Montreal ($2.5 million) and South Park: The Stick of Truth ($3.3 million): Ubisoft
Official Site: THQ.com