The Forza series returns today with the release of Forza Horizon. The 360-exclusive racer is based around the Horizon Festival in Colorado, with events taking place throughout cities and on winding country roads. Gamers who pick up and play the game within the first week will also unlock a gift car, the 2010 Saleen S5S Raptor. And for those who want another extra car, the 2013 SRT Viper GTS is unlocked for those who download the demo and play it before launching the full version.
For the full details on the upcoming downloadable content, including a rally mode, check below.
• Month One Car Pack:
The Month One Car Pack for “Forza Horizon” will be available starting on October 23 and will include six cars for use in “Forza Horizon”:
- 2012 Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione — It’s notable that Ferrari considers itself a racing team first and automaker second. Leaving no gaps in the realm of elite performance, the XX line was created to bridge between Formula One and production cars. The Evoluzione has only 30 more horsepower than the previous 599XX but is a full second faster on Ferrari’s exclusive Fiorano test track.
- 2012 Lamborghini Aventador J — Sparing no expense, and designed in a total of six weeks for its one prospective customer, Lamborghini created the open-air Aventador J. In its cockpit you won’t find any climate control—for obvious reasons—or navigation; they would simply add weight. Powered by the standard Aventador’s 700 horsepower 6.5-liter V12, the roofless—and ruthless–J can easily achieve speeds north of 180 mph.
- 2012 Gumpert Apollo Enraged — One of the biggest and best-kept secrets of the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, the Gumpert Apollo Enraged dropped jaws at its unveiling. The ultra-exclusive three units of production are street legal, but realistically are ready-to-race track cars.
- 2012 Alfa Romeo 8C Spider — In the tradition of the open-air Giulietta of the 1950’s, but with all the performance and technology of the 8C Competizione Coupe, the 8C Spider is as graceful as you’d expect from an Alfa. It is also ready to pounce given a little motivation. Its body lines are supple; its interior boasts exposed carbon fiber and aluminum.
- 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 — Revamping a classic car to match its predecessor is a difficult trick in the car business. The 2012 Mustang Boss 302 does so in every way and then some. Pure fun mixed with nostalgia doesn’t get much better than this.
- 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air — Before the terms “stanced” or “tuner” were even a thought in the mind of any car enthusiast, there was the ‘57 Chevy. The Bel Air was the most upscale of the bodies sporting the most chrome and a golden grill. Whether you keep it classic, flourish it in flames, or drop in a big block, it will always get looks.
The Month One Car Pack is included free for “Forza Horizon” Season Pass owners, or available individually for 400 MS Points.
• Six Monthly DLC Car Packs:
Beginning in November, “Forza Horizon” fans will enjoy a steady stream of monthly DLC cars and the “Forza Horizon” Season Pass will give you instant access to all these cars as they are released. Each monthly DLC pack will include six incredible cars bound for Horizon Festival greatness – from cutting edge supercars to eminently drivable classics and all points in between. Individual DLC car packs will cost 400 MS Points but Season Pass owners will have access to the first six monthly DLC packs, from November 2012 through April 2013, at no additional cost. As always, fans will be able to use their DLC cars in a variety of monthly DLC-focused community events, contests, and challenges, including photo contests, Rivals events, and more.
• Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack:
The Forza Horizon Rally Expansion Pack will include new events, new cars, and new achievements and will cost 1,600 MS Points as a standalone purchase. The Rally Expansion Pack is included in the cost of the “Forza Horizon” Season Pass. Look for more info on this exciting expansion pack in the weeks to come.
• Five Exclusive Season Pack Bonus Cars:
In addition to the Month 1 Car Pack, the six Monthly DLC Packs and the Rally Expansion Pack, “Forza Horizon” Season Pass owners will also receive five exclusive Season Pass bonus cars, with one car delivered monthly for the next five months. Season Pass Bonus Cars will be available for download on the third Tuesday of each month from November 2012 through March 2013. The Season Pass Bonus Car for November is the 2006 Lamborghini Miura Concept. Look for more details on future Season Pass Bonus Cars in the coming weeks.
Official Site: ForzaMotorsport.net