Activision has announced that Call of Duty Elite, the premium service that launched alongside Modern Warfare 3, will be free for all players when Black Ops II launches on November 13. Instead of being an all-in-one platform for tracking stats and accessing downloadable content, the service will be split so that the stat and social-media features will be accessible at no additional cost while the DLC will be sold separately.
The current DLC schedule consists of four Map Packs, which will include content for Multiplayer and Zombies, set to be released throughout 2013. Each pack will cost 1200 MS Points/$15 each, or they can be purchased altogether with a Season Pass for 4000 MS Points/$49.99. All are slated to launch on the 360 first. Current Elite members will continue to receive the service for Modern Warfare 3 until the end of their subscription. Details on what Elite will provide for Black Ops II players is available below.
Call of Duty: Black Ops II is scheduled to launch on November 13 for 360, PC, and PS3. Wii U gamers will be able to grab a copy the following week, on November 18.
As a free service for Call of Duty: Black Ops II, the Call of Duty Elite platform will continue to evolve as the definitive Call of Duty headquarters, with the inclusion of new and enhanced features such as:
• Player HQ – Track Call of Duty: Black Ops II performance with rich game statistics, including enhanced match information such as heat maps and recent match data; track challenges and extensively modify your classes like never before using Treyarch’s new Pick 10 Create-a-Class system.
• Clan HQ – Join an existing clan or start your own, invite friends and then take part in Call of Duty: Black Ops II clan competitions with cool digital prizing.
• Zombies Support – For the millions of Zombies fans out there, now you can track your Zombies personal statistics and compare it to other players’ around the world.
• Call of Duty Elite TV – Launching with tablet support with Call of Duty: Black Ops II, the new Call of Duty Elite TV will deliver a renewed community focus featuring developer tips and strategy programming, custom class overviews and more.
• Social Sharing and Notifications – With Call of Duty Elite’s new notification system, you can stay updated with what is going on in Call of Duty: Black Ops II, as well as communicate directly with your clan.
Official Site: CallofDuty.com – Elite