PC gamers can now step in the shoes of newly mutated veteran James Heller and help him stop an army of beasts from overrunning New York City in Prototype 2. All launch and pre-ordered digital copies of the PC version include free access to the RadNet Edition content, which includes over 55 challenges, events, and reward items.
As with the original, players will gain and level up powers as they cut through the ranks of Blackwatch soldiers and mutated, crazed citizens. But now, they must also face off against original protagonist Alex Mercer … in addition to hijacking tanks and helicopters, absorbing and transforming into enemies, soaring through the air, earning medals in side events, and all of the other fun stuff one does when they have super powers.
For more information on Prototype 2, check out our review of the Xbox 360 version.
The game will require a computer that meets or exceeds the below specifications:
(* = Recommended)
• OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
* Windows 7
• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 8750
* Intel Core 2 Quad 2.7 GHz or better, AMD Phenom II X4 3 GHz or better
• Memory: 2 GB
* 4 GB
• Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT series with 512 MB RAM or ATI Radeon HD 4850 with 512 MB RAM
* Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 (1GB) / ATI Radeon HD 5850 (1GB) or better
• DirectX Version: 9.0C or later
• Disk Space: 10 GB
• Sound Card: Any DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
• Input Devices: Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox 360 Controller
Official Site: PrototypeGame.com