Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary’s release is nearly here. Starting at midnight, a few lucky fans will be able to meet some of the crew from 343 Industries and Certain Affinity when they grab their copy at one of the launch parties. Fans who can’t make it to one of Microsoft’s events (listed below) can still contribute to the festivities by heading to HaloLivingMonument.com and uploading pictures of their favorite “Halo” moments, which will then be used to form a 3D mosaic image of the Chief. Submissions can also be rated and shared on Facebook and Twitter. Fans who contribute will find their additions included in a live-action tribute video that will serve as a nod to the series’ devoted.
The $39.99 enhanced re-release will include maps from across the series, new features (Live co-op, new challenges, and a Firefight map), and Kinect support.
– Atlanta, Georgia (Lenox Square Mall)
– Bellevue, Washington (Bellevue Square Mall)
– Bloomington, Minnesota (Mall of America)
– Costa Mesa, California (South Coast Plaza)
– Houston, Texas (Houston Galleria)*
* Special appearance by Certain Affinity developers and the creators of “Red vs. Blue” from Rooster Teeth
– Lone Tree, Colorado (Park Meadows Mall)
– Los Angeles, California (Westfield Century City)*
*Special appearance by “Halo” franchise development director Frank O’Connor and the 343 team
– Mission Viejo, California (The Shops at Mission Viejo)
– Oak Brook, Illinois (Oakbrook Center)
– San Diego, California (Fashion Valley Mall)
– Santa Clara, California (Westfield Valley Fair)
– Scottsdale, Arizona (Scottsdale Fashion Square)
– Seattle, Washington (University Village)*
*Special appearance by “Halo: Anniversary” executive producer Dan Ayoub, community manager BS Angel and the 343 team
Note: The Microsoft Store in McLean, Virginia (Tysons Corner Center) will not be opened until Nov. 17, so there will not be a “Halo: Anniversary” launch event at that location.