Microsoft is celebrating Halo: Combat Evolved’s ten-year anniversary with its very own decennalia. On November 15, over a dozen retailers will open their doors at midnight for the launch of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary. The updated re-release, which will include maps from across the series, new features (Live co-op, new challenges, and a Firefight map), and Kinect support, will be available for $39.99 at midnight, but the festivities will kick off at 10 p.m. on November 13. Thirteen Microsoft Stores, listed below, will host friendly tournaments with free pizza and Monster Energy drinks, giveaways for the first 100 people in line as well as the first 100 to snag a copy, and a contest to win a limited Halo: Anniversary 360 console skin.
The events will run until 1 a.m. (local), and some stores will even have members of 343 Industries and Certain Affinity on hand to meet and greet. More information can be found on the official Facebook page.
– Atlanta, Georgia (Lenox Square Mall)
– Bellevue, Washington (Bellevue Square Mall)
– Bloomington, Minnesota (Mall of America)
– Costa Mesa, California (South Coast Plaza)
– Houston, Texas (Houston Galleria)*
* Special appearance by Certain Affinity developers and the creators of “Red vs. Blue” from Rooster Teeth
– Lone Tree, Colorado (Park Meadows Mall)
– Los Angeles, California (Westfield Century City)*
*Special appearance by “Halo” franchise development director Frank O’Connor and the 343 team
– Mission Viejo, California (The Shops at Mission Viejo)
– Oak Brook, Illinois (Oakbrook Center)
– San Diego, California (Fashion Valley Mall)
– Santa Clara, California (Westfield Valley Fair)
– Scottsdale, Arizona (Scottsdale Fashion Square)
– Seattle, Washington (University Village)*
*Special appearance by “Halo: Anniversary” executive producer Dan Ayoub, community manager BS Angel and the 343 team
Note: The Microsoft Store in McLean, Virginia (Tysons Corner Center) will not be opened until Nov. 17, so there will not be a “Halo: Anniversary” launch event at that location.