Sins of a Solar Empire received a significant update today which includes not only bug fixes but also some tweaks to diplomacy. A sample of the changes have been included below, but first, a quick note: the update “will break save games and replays.” Be warned! On the upside, there are also interface changes, graphical touch-ups, and you might actually have a hand against those damn pirates now.
The full list of changes can be found on the official Sins of a Solar Empire forums.
[ Gameplay ]
- Updated Diplomacy System – Substantially redesigned and rebalanced all the additions made in the Diplomacy expansion.
- Relationship Factors: Changed to be more granular/randomized, based more on racial lore and take more internal gameplay actions into account.
- Adjacent Territory: Penalty reduced based on distance between players.
- Military Actions: Variable factor that is now immediately based on players’ military actions.
- Destroying another player’s enemy’s ships grants a bonus to relations (based on the fleet supply of the destroyed vessel).
- Destroying enemy/friendly civilian or tactical structures or planets now grants a set relations bonus/penalty as appropriate.
- AI Relationship Bonus: This value only affects AI players and gives AI to AI relations an increasing amount of relations over time, capped to a maximum. The speed of the increase is based on the AI’s difficulty level.
- Pacts now require that both players achieve the minimum required relationship level to form an agreement.
- Updated the Mission system to make it easier to understand/use, especially for AI players.
- Missions now have fixed costs and rewards based on mission type and level.
- Mission failure relationship penalties are now half the reward by default.
- Created new AI decision tree that allows AI players to better evaluate missions and decide if they will attempt to complete them or not. AI players will now immediately reject a mission they don’t intend to attempt.
- Treaties: Now require that both players have the minimum required relationship level.
- Added second research level to each race’s third relationship tech and rebalanced each.
- Allies may now send each other missions in locked team games.
- Fixed bug in the Pirate Manifest for research and sound issues.
[ Graphics ]
- Added new icon for Deconstruct.
- Added new icons for new Pacts and Envoy abilities.
- Added shield meshes for all race’s Envoy cruisers.
[ AI ]
- Added Diplomacy Mission Decision system. AI players will now evaluate and complete missions they deem are worthy (based largely on relationship).
- AI players will now build superweapons!
Official Site: SinsofaSolarEmpire.com