It’s hard to believe, but Sonic is already 20 years old. For everyone who still has their original pack-in Sonic for their Genesis from years ago, it’s a time to remember, my god, I am really getting old. Thankfully Sega isn’t as much of a downer as we are, and they are celebrating the blue bomber’s birthday properly with a 20-day 360 and PS3 demo for the upcoming Sonic Generations, featuring Green Hill in the original 2D form and new 3d redesign, as well as a slew of sales with price reductions from 30% to 50% off.
The 360 and PS3 are each having their own sale. While 360 gamers get a larger selection, PS3 gamers can snag the birthday bundle. The sale will end on June 28 on Live Marketplace and July 12 on PSN.
The PSN birthday bundle includes four titles for $19.99, regularly $39.95:
– Sonic the Hedgehog ($4.99)
– Sonic the Hedgehog 2 ($4.99)
– Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 ($14.99)
– Sonic Adventure ($9.99)
– Sonic Adventure DX Add-On ($4.99)
The Live sale-priced Sonic titles include:
– Sonic the Hedgehog: 240 Microsoft Points (40% off)
– Sonic the Hedgehog 2: 240 Microsoft Points (40% off)
– Sonic the Hedgehog 3: 240 Microsoft Points (40% off)
– Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1: 800 Microsoft Points (33% off)
– Sonic & Knuckles: 120 Microsoft Points (50% off)
– Sonic Adventure: 400 Microsoft Points (50% off)
Sonic will also be returning to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, as is right and proper. Now then, it’s time for us to gather around the piano and hum the original’s theme. To Sonic, gentlemen!
Official Site: SonictheHedgehog.com