L.A. Noire is getting double the funk with two soundtracks: L.A. Noire: Remixed and L.A. Noire Official Soundtrack. The Official Soundtrack is an original score “inspired by the sweeping orchestral scores of the great films of the 1940s.” Recorded in Abbey Road Studios and composed by Andrew Hale (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, The Getaway), the soundtrack features contemporary takes on period pieces produced and written by Stephen Coates (The Real Tuesday Weld) with guest vocals by Claudia Brucken (Propaganda) and additional music composed by Woody Jackson (Red Dead Redemption). Remixed includes six “jazz standards” re-interpreted by DJs and producers, with the assistance of Verve Records.
Both soundtracks will be available for purchase on iTunes on May 17.
L.A. Noire: Remixed Tracklist:
1. Elle Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan – “Stone Cold Dead in the Market” (Ticklah remix)
2. Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra – “Hey-Ba-Ba-Re-Bop” (Midnight Sun remix)
3. Dinah Washington – “A Slick Chick (On the Mellow Side)” (Maximum Balloon remix)
4. Louis Jordan – “Ain’t Nobody Here But Us Chickens” (DJ Premier remix)
5. Gene Krupa – “Sing Sing Sing” (Truth & Soul Remix)
6. Billie Holiday – “That Ol’ Devil Called Love” (Moodymann remix)
Official Site: RockstarGames.com – L.A. Noire