ArmA 2, Bohemia Interactive’s robust military sim, is getting an injection of DLC courtesy of Meridian4. Titled British Armed Forces, the pack sees British troops initiating Operation Crimson Lance in response to NATO forces facing a vicious insurgency after Operation Arrowhead. The pack also happens to be the first official add-on, Operation Arrowhead.
ArmA 2 – British Armed Forces is currently available on Meridian4′s site for $9.99.
ArmA 2 – British Armed Forces key features:
- New vehicles and weapons
- Modern British troops in multi-terrain, desert and woodland camouflage
- Personal weapons: L85A2 and L86A2 rifles, L110A1 machine gun, LRR and AW50 sniper rifles, N-LAW AT launcher
- New vehicles: Jackal 2 MWMIK all-terrain vehicle, modernized FV510 Warrior
- New helicopters: AH11 Wildcat (multi-role), HC3 Merlin (transport)
- British versions: off-road car, Chinook HC2 transport helicopter, Apache AH1 gunship
- Desert and woodland paint schemes of the ground vehicles
- New single player campaign
- Player will command a mobile observation team of British troops into battle with Takistani insurgents. Short campaign will focus on depicting asymmetrical warfare with a guerilla force and counterinsurgency operations.
- Multiplayer modes
- Cooperative scenarios featuring the British units, vehicles and equipment.
- Engine Improvements
- Extension of the Engineer’s role
- Ability for players to effectively operate and command artillery and mortar units.
Set in the visually attractive environment of rugged Central Asia, Arma 2: British Armed Forces will add even more depth to the already extensive size of the most realistic combat simulation experience available. Unprecedented freedom of movement, action and tactics – together with hundreds of models and epic sandbox-style maps – creates the most authentic military simulation game: war without the training wheels.
Official Site: Meridian4.com’s Arma 2 – British Armed Forces Product Page