Per their penchant for really nice limited edition releases, Blizzard has announced the contents of the upcoming Collector’s Edition of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. The third expansion for the hugely popular MMO is currently in beta (sign up with a Battle.net account) and, while its release date is still up in the air, fans are getting to check out what they will get for their $79.99 with the CE.
– Art of the Cataclysm art book, featuring 176 pages of never-before-seen images from the archives of the Blizzard Entertainment cinematics department and the World of Warcraft development team, as well as progressive visuals from multiple stages of development.
– Exclusive in-game pet: he may not be a breaker of worlds just yet, but Lil’ Deathwing will still proudly accompany heroes on their struggle to save Azeroth from his much, much larger counterpart.
– Behind-the-scenes DVD with over an hour of developer interviews and commentaries, as well as a special Warcraft retrospective examining the rich gaming history of the Warcraft universe.
– Soundtrack featuring 10 epic new tracks from Cataclysm, including exclusive bonus tracks.
– Special-edition mouse pad depicting Deathwing menacing the ravaged continents of Azeroth.
– World of Warcraft Trading Card Game cards, including a 60-card starter deck from the Wrathgate series, two extended-art cards, and two Collector’s Edition-exclusive hero cards, marking the first appearance of goblin and worgen heroes in the TCG.
Official Site: WorldofWarcraft.com/Cataclysm