Blizzard’s long-awaited follow-up to one of the most popular games of all time has finally been released. Available for Windows (XP, Vista, 7) and Mac, gamers can pick up the regular edition of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty for $59.99 or the Collector’s Edition for $99.99.
The Collector’s Edition contains the following bonus items in addition to the game disc:
- The Art of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, a 176-page art book
- A 2GB USB flash drive replica of Jim Raynor’s dog tag, preloaded with the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion set
- A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, cinematics with director’s commentary, and more
- The official StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty soundtrack CD, containing 14 tracks from the game along with exclusive bonus tracks
- StarCraft comic book issue #0, a prequel to the comic series
- A World of Warcraft mini Thor in-game pet that can be applied to all World of Warcraft characters on a single Battle.net account
- Exclusive Battle.net downloadable content, including special portraits for your Battle.net profile, decals to customize your units in-game, and a visually unique version of the terran Thor unit
The solo campaign for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty picks up the saga where it left off in StarCraft: Brood War. The story line chronicles the exploits of marshal-turned-rebel-leader Jim Raynor and features both familiar faces and new heroes. Players can tailor the experience, choosing their own mission path and selecting technology and research upgrades to suit their playing style throughout the 29-mission campaign. Several challenge missions are also included, with focused goals designed to ease players into the basics of multiplayer strategies.
Official Site: Blizzard.com/Games/SC2