Blizzard announced a midnight launch event for the long-awaited StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. The event will take place at Fry’s Electronics at 10800 Kalama River Avenue in Fountain Valley, CA, with the festivities kicking off at 9 p.m. on July 26 and sales beginning at midnight.
Attendees will have an opportunity to meet developers from Blizzard, who will welcome players, take part in Q&A sessions, and sign their copies. There will also be live music and exhibition matches. For more details, check out Blizzard’s site.
Attendees will be able to purchase the standard edition of the game for a suggested price of $59.99 as well as the special Collector’s Edition for a suggested price of $99.99.
The Collector’s Edition contains the following bonus items in addition to the game disc:
- The Art of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, a 176-page art book
- A 2GB USB flash drive replica of Jim Raynor’s dog tag, preloaded with the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion set
- A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, cinematics with director’s commentary, and more
- The official StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty soundtrack CD, containing 14 tracks from the game along with exclusive bonus tracks
- StarCraft comic book issue #0, a prequel to the comic series
- A World of Warcraft mini Thor in-game pet that can be applied to all World of Warcraft characters on a single Battle.net account
- Exclusive Battle.net downloadable content, including special portraits for your Battle.net profile, decals to customize your units in-game, and a visually unique version of the terran Thor unit
Official Site: Starcraft2.com